Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Can't Touch This!

Ok Pretties, how many of you have constant breakouts? Whether it's just one or two around the mouth, cheeks or on your forehead or a ton all over your face. A lot of these breakouts can be avoided if you just try a few simple steps. Steps that I've personally used and have had great success with. Ready. Set. And away we go!

The reason I'm putting these steps out there is because they have all personally worked for me. I was having breakouts on my cheeks, chin, hairline and around my nose. So, I thought to myself, what could be making me breakout so badly? Aside from drinking plenty of water (which is still one of the best ways to keep your skin glowing and healthy) and keeping my skin clean but not TOO clean, why am I still going through this? And as a 26 year old woman I thought I was done with that stage in my life. I have improved my skin 10 fold since I became conscious of my face and how I treat it. 

Step 1: Observe Your Daily Routine

After I would get out of the shower I'd do my bathroom routine and then go and put on my make up. Not really noticing or caring what I did before. So one day I took extreme care to remember everything I did before I put on my make up and the results shocked me. 

I noticed after I got out of the shower I touched the following things:


  • Deodorant stick
  • Water faucet knobs
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste
  • 2 door knobs
  • Drawer pulls
  • Face cleanser bottle
  • Makeup bottles and containers

Now, that may not seem like a lot but if you think about how many times a day you touch those things and how many germs and how many hands touch those things you'd be surprised how much stuff your transferring from your hands to your face. Especially if you don't wash your hands before you put on your makeup with your fingers. Which is what I would do. I figured, hey I just got out of the shower my hands are clean enough. Tsk tsk on me! 


The next thing that may help you is not touching your face at all when applying makeup. It sounds crazy but just hear me out.

Step 2: Brush It Out

Since I have started using brushes to apply all makeup to my face, my skin has improved dramatically. In fact, I only touch my face a maximum of 3 times when applying make up but you don't even have to do it that many times. I use my fingers to apply moisturizer, cream eyeshadow base and my foundation to the starting points on my face. But after that I use a brush for everything from foundation and concealer to eye shadow to powder. I'll go into brushes in another post but even if you have to use a sponge keep your hands off your face. Which brings me to my next step...



Step 3: Paws Off

I took a page from the first step and observed myself a little more closely throughout just ONE day and I was shocked to see how many times I touched my face. Whether it was to scratch or putting my hands on my face out of boredom. You know when you're bored at school and you put your chin in your hand? Stop that! Because not only are you putting those oils on your face, your hands are dirty from touching door knobs, books, pencils, desks, computer keyboards and so forth. I have since kept my hands off my face and my skin looks great and there are no more little blemishes here or there. 



These are not guaranteed and are only a few things you can TRY. If these still don't work for you the issue may be more serious and you should consult a dermatologist. But just give these a try and the results may surprise you. 

Have fun and stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment