Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Beauty Review

Hello Lovelies! Sorry I've been away for so long... But fret not, I have been brainstorming lots of neat blog subjects while I was away.

In our first beauty review ever we're focusing on the most beautiful feature on every woman, her eyes. But what good is painting your eyelids if the shadow just creases or slides off? Luckily, we have eyelid primer as our secret weapon! And in this review we are going to be reviewing Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray eyelid primer. This lightweight primer boasts it's ability to make concealers and eyeshadows stay put all while matching all skin shades in a flattering nude color. 






This primer is definitely a flattering nude shade and it's, if nothing else lightweight but at $26 USD a tube it's a littler pricier than say Cliniques Touch Base for Eyes which is $15 USD and is by far the best primer I've ever used. Or the lower priced, but not by much, Stila Prime Pot or Smashbox's Photofinish Eyelid Primer which both retail about $21 USD. So it's definitely more expensive but unfortunately lightweight formula isn't enough to save this primer. 



Even though it went on beautifully and didn't make my eyeshadow feel heavy it did, ultimately, let me down. You can see that the eyeshadow actually faded and creased after about 8 hours. So if you're going from work to a charity benefit or play this Benefit is not for you. I really wanted to like this primer and wanted it to work for me but unfortunately it just isn't for me. 






However, this primer will have a chance to redeem itself when I pit it up against Smashbox's Photofinish Eyelid Primer in a Beauty Battle so stay tuned and see which one comes out on top. 

Have fun and stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment