Friday, April 13, 2012

Taylor Swift Inspired Friday the 13th Nails!

Everyone loves Taylor Swift and the girl loves the number 13 and sparkly things so in honor of Taylor and her love of all things 13 I wanted to do a nail blog inspired by Miss. Swift herself.

I wanted to do something girly and sparkly and I think I found the perfect balance of that. First I started with two nail polishes that really reminded me of her. She tends to lean more towards the pink/nude colors and of course lots of sparkles. The first color I used was XOX Betsey from Sephora OPI (a pale almost nude pink) and Essie's A Cut Above (a mix of both fine and chunky pink sparkles) from their luxeffects line. 
Next I painted my nails two coats of the XOX Betsey. You don't have to do two coats you can do one or more, but the color wasn't enough with just one coat.
And then gave a generous coating of A Cut Above. I did one heavy and one light coat of this to make sure I got a good balance of fine and chunky glitter. 
Finally, I finished off with a top coat and voila! Have a great Friday everyone!
Have fun and stay beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment