Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Beauty Buddies: Nail Polish Edition

Alright so, I'm back! The holidays REALLY took their toll on me. I am just now able to sit down, breathe and write this. It's been a hectic 2 weeks with the hubster being off work and having family visiting. I felt like I haven't had a minute to myself. So thankfully, I'm back and able to share with you some things I found whilst I've been away.

Now, as someone completely familiar with the term 'uncoordinated' I get way too excited when I buy two products from two completely different brands and somehow magically they work together. I like to call these "Beauty Buddies". Why? Because even though they're two different brands, I can wear them alone or together and they still look great. Todays Beauty Buddies are Butter London in No More Waity Katie and Zoya in Kelly.

I'll be honest, I was actually looking for the Zoya color Caitlin but I couldn't find it. I wanted a smokey lilac purple but as you know Caitlin was a color in a collection last year. So while crusing the nail polish sale aisle at Ulta, I was torn between Kelly and Tru. I ended up picking Kelly and when I got home I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was the same color as my Butter London in No More Waity Katie.

Butter London and Zoya (Center)
By itself No More Waity Katie is a pretty lilac glitter polish. A little translucent but still very pretty anytime of year. Kelly is the same way, a little more smokey than NMWK but I swatched it on a nail wheel and they really surprised me. Apart they are great but together they are wonderful. I love finding things that work together even if they're not meant to. It's like finding that 20 dollar bill in your coat pocket from last winter. What are some beauty buddies you've found that you love together?

M




No comments:

Post a Comment