Wednesday, January 23, 2013

OCC Lip Tar Review


So I'm not sure what's better, having a brother in law as smart as mine or having a brother in law as generous as mine. Fortunately for me, I have both. For Christmas this year my BIL did the amazing and checked my Amazon wishlist for gift ideas and picked out this lovely Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar set. Smart on his part because I REALLY wanted this. Probably more than a mattress made of Sprinkles cupcakes. (Don't deny that wouldn't be awesome!) 

And while, this isn't exactly a cheap set coming in at $49 USD it's definitely a great value if you like this brand. Mostly because each tube of tar is $16 bucks a pop. With 5 tubes in this set that's an $80 value. So you really can't beat the price. But, unfortunately, this set was part of a holiday set at Sephora. And I don't think it's available at the present time. 


The colors include, Grandma, Melange, Stalker, Vintage and Pretty Boy and are all very versatile and pretty. The best part is you can mix these together, add shimmers from the metallic line or just wear them as they are.

Grandma is a pretty not your grandma's coral. Well, not my grandma's coral. I don't know about yours.  Melange is a nice terra cotta that sort of reminds me of the ground in west Texas. Sort of makes me miss home. Stalker is, awkwardly enough, a true blood red.  Finally we have Vintage, which is a deep wine burgundy and Pretty Boy is a brilliant fushia which is right off the runway. 

And if you have never used an OCC Lip Tar, you don't know that the color pay out is ah-MAY-zing! You only need a tiny dot of the stuff that you work from the inside of your lip to the edge. Color is amazing and it stays on for hours without the need for reapplication. 

Finally, OCC Lip Tar's are 100% vegan and cruelty free which is fantastical if you're an animal loving herbivore.

So the final verdict for these are that they are great! I love that you don't need a glop it on to get a good color, it's non sticky, long lasting and highly pigmented. Of course as I previously stated, it's great that they are vegan and animal friendly. The only bad thing about these is the taste. It's pretty awful but that's not enough to keep me from using them. All in all? I'm down with OCC.

So go out and get your tar on!






No comments:

Post a Comment